Fluent Bit v2.0 Documentation
High Performance Log and Metrics Processor
Fluent Bit is a Fast and Lightweight Telemetry Agent for Logs, Metrics, and Traces for Linux, macOS, Windows, and BSD family operating systems. It has been made with a strong focus on performance to allow the collection and processing of telemetry data from different sources without complexity.
- High Performance: High throughput with low resources consumption
- Metrics Support: Prometheus and OpenTelemetry compatible
- Security: built-in TLS/SSL support
- Asynchronous I/O
- Pluggable Architecture and Extensibility: Inputs, Filters and Outputs
- More than 100 built-in plugins are available
- Write any input, filter or output plugin in C language
- Stream Processing: Perform data selection and transformation using simple SQL queries
- Create new streams of data using query results
- Aggregation Windows
- Data analysis and prediction: Timeseries forecasting
- Portable: runs on Linux, macOS, Windows and BSD systems
Fluent Bit is a CNCF graduated sub-project under the umbrella of Fluentd, it's licensed under the terms of the Apache License v2.0.
Fluent Bit was originally created by Eduardo Silva; as a CNCF-hosted project is a fully vendor-neutral and community-driven project.